Thursday, October 18, 2012
Lunch links: Commish talks Texas struggle
By David Ubben
You just bought Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's bones, and he's not even dead!
- Texas' defensive issues are nearly impossible to deny anymore, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby sits down for a Q&A on the league's new TV deal and Texas' failures with John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- Want to fire Mack Brown? Don't forget the risks, writes Stewart Mandel of SI.com.
- Mike Gundy looks back on last year's loss to Iowa State with John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- The time is now for Reggie Wilson to step up at Texas, writes Austin Laymance of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- It's been a rocky road, but TCU has handled the early-season drama and injuries to a 5-1 start.
- Championship talk is heating up, but Kansas State seems to be on the outside looking in, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- The kick Quinn Sharp missed against ISU? A distant memory now, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- K-State is using an old-school scheme to win new-school games, writes Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Losing the turnover battle has been key in two Baylor losses, writes Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- The Texas Tech loss stung badly for Geno Smith, writes Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian.
- Get to know more about Oklahoma State's uniforms.
- Iowa State's website takes a closer look at defensive end David Irving's big impact and bigger play.
- Vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan confused Colt McCoy with Brandon Weeden at Browns' practice this week.
- Kansas' defense is getting a little bit better this year, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.