Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Lunch links: Saluting a pair of legends
By ESPN.com staff
Best Halloween costume you've seen today?
- Bryce Miller of the Des Moines Register pens an ode to a man who will go down as one of the greatest Cyclones ever: Linebacker Jake Knott.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks deeper into WVU's efforts to fix its defense.
- Kansas State's defense could give Oklahoma State problems, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. He also says Bob Stoops has gotten out of his strict "no excuses" policy.
- Colleague Gene Wojciechowski offers a salute to Kansas State's Bill Snyder. Grantland writer Michael Weinreb does the same, as well.
- Texas coach Mack Brown has taken a hands-on approach to trying to fix the defense, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman. Is it time for him to go? A panel of Athlon writers weigh in.
- Tech legend Michael Crabtree will be back in town for some festivities this weekend vs. Texas. (No worries, Horns. He won't be playing.)
- Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett is in trouble with the law again. This time, it's driving on a suspended license.
- Mike Gundy knows the Cowboys need more out of cornerback/kick returner Justin Gilbert this season.
- KU's improving defense will get a tough test in Baylor's offense, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- TCU has struggled in the fourth quarter, but injuries are only making matters more difficult, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Texas Tech's Terrance Bullitt is playing through a painful shoulder injury to stay on the field, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star writes about Meshak Williams' growth into a complete player at defensive end for K-State. The Wildcats may be without linebacker Tre Walker the rest of the season, though.
- KU doesn't have the wins to prove it, but it's looking better at home, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Snow in West Virginia from Hurricane Sandy will affect TCU's travel plans this weekend to Morgantown.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks at West Virginia's pass-rush problems.