Monday, November 26, 2012
Lunch links: No A&M-Texas Cotton Bowl?
By ESPN.com staff
Iowa State fans: Thoughts on Chizik getting the ax on the Plains?
- Interesting column here from Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. As fun as it would be, I think I agree. The risk of a Texas A&M-Texas Cotton Bowl far outweighs the reward for Texas A&M. Why would either team want to be a part of it?
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman says there's plenty of recent evidence that the Big 12 can't compete with the SEC.
- The Austin American-Statesman's Kirk Bohls says David Ash hasn't taken the necessary steps as a QB, and RG3 rushing the field in a Baylor shirt at Cowboys Stadium on Saturday tells you all you need to know about him.
- What's going on with Kansas State's offensive line? Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle looks at their search for atonement after poor games vs. TCU and Baylor.
- Texas lost a pair of players for the season.
- Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette looks at what Shawne Alston's return has meant to West Virginia's offense. The Mountaineers can't take too much from the Iowa State win, though.
- TCU's commitment to the run paid off against Texas, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Could Oklahoma be missing one of its best defensive linemen this week against TCU? Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman says so. And what do the Sooners think about a split title when they don't hold the tiebreaker?
- If Texas is going to beat K-State this weekend, it'll have to beat history, too, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Texas Tech's recent troubles have been frustrating, but at least there will be a bowl game, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The lack of takeaways is the reason for the struggles, writes the Journal's Nick Kosmider.
- Injuries may be a big story in this week's K-State/Texas game.
- Baylor doesn't have RG3 anymore, but the program proved itself by reaching a bowl game anyway, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Oklahoma State players weren't really a huge fan of the postgame celebration at Owen Field on Saturday, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Collin Klein deserves another shot to knock Johnny Manziel off his Heisman perch this week, writes Steve Greenberg of Sporting News.
- TCU's Big 12 membership is already paying off on the recruiting trail, writes Travis L. Brown in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. (I'm telling you, folks. This may be the story that defines the next decade in the Big 12.)
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal asked for fans' opinions on Texas Tech after a late-season slide.