Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Big 12 sends eight to East-West Shrine game
By David Ubben
The Big 12 will have eight players competing in the annual East-West Shrine game, one of a handful of games that serve as showcases for NFL scouts. Here they are:
- Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State (East team)
- Seth Doege, QB, Texas Tech
- Blaize Foltz, OL, TCU
- Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas
- Cody Davis, S, Texas Tech
- Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma
- Nigel Malone, CB, Kansas State
- Bradley McDougald, S, Kansas
Klein, of course, made waves when reports leaked that the Senior Bowl wouldn't be inviting him, but he'll get an opportunity to get in front of scouts at the Shrine Game, which takes place on Jan. 19 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla.
It'll be interesting to see what positions he gets work with, too.
We'll see what Doege can do for his NFL stock as well. More Big 12 players could be invited. We'll keep you posted.