Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Oklahoma's seven ESPN 300 signees are in
By David Ubben
Oklahoma's top commits have all signed their letters of intent and are locked in to becoming future Sooners. Here's who Oklahoma's bringing in from our ESPN 300, the list of the nation's top 300 prospects:
- No. 27: Keith Ford, RB, Cypress, Texas
- No. 137: D.J. Ward, DE, Moore, Okla. (signed in December, early enrollee)
- No. 178: Cody Thomas, QB-PP, Colleyville, Texas
- No. 199: Stanvon Taylor, ATH, Tulsa, Okla.
- No. 240: Dannon Cavil, WR, San Antonio, Texas (signed in December, early enrollee)
- No. 284: Matt Dimon, DE, Katy, Texas
- No. 293: Hatari Byrd, S, Fresno, Calif.
Not many surprises for the Sooners, though Dimon had some power issues at his high school and couldn't get his letter of intent to the Oklahoma coaches until 8:48 a.m. Oklahoma's class is at No. 20 in the ESPN class rankings, the same spot it began the day. Byrd also made headlines last month when word surfaced that coaches had told him he's likely going to be able to start at safety from the moment he gets on campus. Very interesting stuff. Oklahoma signed a lot of high-quality defensive talent in this class, as you can see, and Taylor is likely to play cornerback for the Sooners.
Mostly a drama-free day across the Big 12 on the recruiting trail.