Thursday, February 7, 2013
Lunch links: Signing day reaction
Are you kidding me? My grandson paints the sets for a play and I'm not going to drive in from Florida?
- Texas coach Mack Brown is focusing on a recruiting class he loves, and steering clear of the ugly issues that have plagued the program this offseason, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail went to Dana Holgorsen's hometown to trace his roots, but most importantly, returned with perhaps the greatest photo of Holgorsen in existence.
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis isn't shy about where he got the idea to stock his program with juco talents, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman introduces you to Oklahoma State's new offensive coordinator with a pair of pretty awesome videos.
- Kliff Kingsbury got a late start, but he's still happy with his recruiting class, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks at the junior college influx in West Virginia's class.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has an interesting column on the silliness of signing day.
- Look for Texas' offense to get speedier next season, writes HornsNation's Carter Strickland.
- Texas A&M is the coolest team in the state now, and Texas has gone stale. The gap is widening, writes Tully Corcoran of Fox Sports.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World writes about the major overhaul awaiting KU's program after a unique signing day.
- Texas got serious along its offensive line in this recruiting class, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- TCU is selling local recruits on the ability to stay home, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Iowa State AD Jamie Pollard was removed from his son's high school game after arguing with an official over a call. KCCI has more details and video.
- Kellis Robinett tells you about two big surprises for K-State on signing day.
- Oklahoma State nabbed a signee who was attracted to the school for its ... graphic design program? Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman explains.
- John Naughton of the Des Moines Register takes a look at one ISU signee from a familiar place.
- Kansas State had a recruit arrested just before signing day on armed robbery charges.
- There's no big names, but Mike Gundy sounds confident this is his best class, writes Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman.
- Baylor's trying to build its program with strength in the trenches on both sides of the ball, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Tony Adame of the Wichita Eagle has some notes and thoughts from K-State's signing day presser.
- Paul Rhoads feels like this is his best recruiting class at Iowa State.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman has an interesting blog about one of the Sooners' most intriguing prospects.