Monday, April 29, 2013
Lunch links: NFL draft links galore
By David Ubben
Today's links: Sponsored by Steph Curry's Heat Checks.
- Trent Dilfer wasn't using kid gloves when he took to criticizing Oklahoma's offense.
- Kansas offensive lineman Tanner Hawkinson went earlier than he thought, and may be asked to do more than he thought in Cincinnati, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey takes a closer look at Tony Jefferson's NFL draft snub.
- After a low draft spot, Stansly Maponga is out to prove people wrong, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Missed this column late last week, but good points on Mack Brown's no-win situation from Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Sean Keeler of Fox Sports writes about the Gronk invasion at Kansas State's spring game.
- Oklahoma State's Cooper Bassett is moving positions constantly, but wants to play his old one in the NFL, writes Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- Dayne Crist is getting a shot in the NFL, and Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World talks with him about what that means to him.
- The Dallas Morning News' Tim Cowlishaw explains what unique angle Terrance Williams brings to the Dallas Cowboys.
- K-State's defense is still learning how to play together, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Uniforms and recruiting go hand in hand these days. Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News writes about how that relates to Texas Tech.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman talks with OSU lineman Lane Taylor about his decision to sign with Green Bay.
- George Watson of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal talks with the Red Raiders' free-agent signings.
- Geno Smith couldn't control this piece of adversity, but it paid off to stick around, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette. Another Mountaineer, Stedman Bailey, was flying under the radar, but Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian picked up on him this weekend.
- K-State found its team captains for 2013.