Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Big 12 chasing top commits in 2015 class
By David Ubben
Our RecruitingNation staff is already looking ahead to the 2015 recruiting class, and so are Big 12 coaching staffs. They've named the top 300 recruits in the 2015 class and plenty of them have already committed to Big 12 schools.
You can see the full list here, but here's who's committed to Big 12 schools so far.
- No. 31: Maea Teuhema, OT, Texas (Keller, Texas)
- No. 70: Chad President, WR, Baylor (Temple, Texas)
- No. 88: Joshua Wariboko, OG, Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- No. 153: Keke Coutee, WR, Texas (Lufkin, Texas)
- No. 174: Johnny Shaw, S, Texas (Center, Texas)
- No. 202: Aaron Garza, OG, Texas (Sherman, Texas)
- No. 210: Bobby Evans, TE-Y, Oklahoma (Allen, Texas)
- No. 236: Bryce English, DT, Texas (DeSoto, Texas)
- No. 253: Jovon Durante, WR, West Virginia (Miami, Fla.)
- No. 291: Connor Lanfear, OT, Texas (Buda, Texas)
- No. 299: Jalen Campbell, CB, Texas (Corpus Christi, Texas)
In fairness, these players can't sign for almost a year and a half, but the changing world of college football requires staffs to get ahead of the recruiting game.
For those counting, that's seven top-300 commits for Texas, the most of any team in college football. Baylor has one in future All-Name teamer Chad President and Oklahoma has a pair of offensive players.
West Virginia's on the board with one at a predictable position for Dana Holgorsen's offense: Receiver.
One interesting note: Just one of the top 17 players in the 2015 class is from Texas, the same number as Oklahoma. Texas will still log plenty of the nation's top players.
This year's ESPN 300 has 34 players from the state of Texas, more than 10 percent of the list. You can see the top 100 players in Texas here.