Monday, November 23, 2009
Big 12 lunch links: Get ready for football feast
By ESPN.com staff
It's about a short work week for many Big 12 teams as they get ready for early games across the conference.
Here are some stories to get you ready for a Thanksgiving week cornucopia of Big 12 football starting on Thursday night:
- The Lincoln Journal-Star’s Steve Sipple explains why he thinks that Mack Brown in the Big 12’s coach of the year.
- The Austin American-Statesman’s Kirk Bohls opines about Mike Leach’s rationale for a move to Louisville and why returning Dan McCarney to the Big 12 would be a wise move for Kansas, among other topics in his weekly nine things and one crazy prediction about college football.
- Members of the 1999 Texas A&M team tell the Austin American-Statesman’s Randy Riggs some of their memories about the “Bonfire game” that season against Texas.
- The Tulsa World’s Bill Haisten discusses Oklahoma State’s BCS at-large possibilities.
- Bob Stoops tells John Hoover of the Tulsa World that backup quarterback Drew Allen's redshirt won’t be removed, despite the recent struggles of Landry Jones.
- The Associated Press' Ralph Russo explains why Stoops might consider moving to Notre Dame and why Texas is the most likely of the "Big Three" to lose this weekend.
- The Boulder Daily Camera’s Kyle Ringo compares Dan Hawkins' current coaching situation to that of Bill Callahan heading into the Colorado-Nebraska game two years ago.
- The Lawrence Journal-World’s Tom Keegan writes of the curious timing of the Kansas athletic department’s probe into Mark Mangino's coaching style.
- Bill Snyder provides some perspective to the Topeka Capital-Journal’s Austin Meek about his return to coaching at Kansas State.
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal’s Don Williams analyzes Texas Tech’s bowl possibilities.