Monday, August 26, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links: Singing Frog
By Brandon Chatmon
It's finally game week!
- You've seen Gary Patterson on the sideline, as intense as anyone. But have you seen him play the guitar? Tim Madigan of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram give you a glimpse at the TCU coach unplugged.
- Stefan Stevenson takes a closer look at the SEC vs Big 12 debate heading into the Horned Frogs battle with LSU this weekend. TCU also revealed new uniforms on Friday afternoon.
- Iowa State linebacker Jeremiah George considers the season opener his "first true start", writes Bobby LaGesse of the Ames Tribune.
- The Cyclones are hoping a move to the Pistol offense will help spark an offense that averaged 24.5 points per game in 2012, reports LaGesse.
- Have the Jayhawks found their future quarterback? Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal writes about one of the surprises of Kansas' preseason camp. Also, KU coach Charlie Weis calls UCLA transfer T.J. Millweard a "top-line talent".
- Iowa State quarterback Sam Richardson prefers to be just another guy on campus but is ready to be the headliner of the Cyclones offense this season, reports Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- West Virginia has released a game week depth chart but its starting quarterback remains a mystery, writes Dave Hickman of the Gazette Mail.
- There are five major developments during Baylor's preseason camp, reports John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Kansas State's quarterback competition continues as the Wildcats look to replace Collin Klein, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Mike Gundy creating confusion about Oklahoma State's quarterback position is genius, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey talks with Thomas Lott, a former Oklahoma quarterback who has a lot in common with newly named Sooners starter Trevor Knight.
- Texas Tech is looking to ride together this season, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- The Big 12 has the opportunity to prove itself against the SEC, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- Texas coach Mack Brown talks with Dan Wolken of USA Today about his legacy in Austin.