Friday, September 6, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Jake Trotter
Whose fantasy teams got destroyed by Peyton last night?
- Baylor will have to be aware of Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's Brice Cherry.
- Iowa State is using the bye week to fix the Northern Iowa game mistakes, reports Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Paul Millard feels confident he's West Virginia's starting QB, but he's not yet comfortable that's the case, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Is TCU still QB Casey Pachall's team? Fort Worth Star-Telegram writers Jimmy Burch and Stefan Stevenson sound off.
- Kansas QB Jake Heaps is still driven to be the best, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Austin Meek.
- Texas landed a versatile 4-star defensive back out of Houston.
- The Oklahoman's John Helsley writes that the Oklahoma State defense is doing its thinking during the week now.
- The Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton profiles Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield.
- Kansas State QB Daniel Sams tells the Kansas City Star's Kellis Robinett that a two-QB system could work for the Wildcats.
- Oklahoma offensive coordinator Josh Heupel is adjusting to the run, reports the Norman Transcript's John Shinn.