Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Jake Trotter
Kliff Kingsbury is right, it's not like there are a bunch of supermodels in the coaching profession:
- Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds tells the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton he'll make the tough decision if he has to. But Dodds also says that Mack Brown is energized and everything is in place for the Longhorns to turn the corner.
- TCU hopes its running back duo can help spark a stagnant offense, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- Kansas is still tinkering with a faster tempo, according to the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- The Cyclones are preparing to make the season's first road trip a boom, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- Texas Tech picked up a commitment from a junior-college defensive tackle.
- Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard will have his hands full on Saturday, says The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.
- The Mountaineers are hoping a looser attitude will help, according to the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman.
- The Tulsa World's Kelly Hines goes up close with Oklahoma State linebacker Caleb Lavey.
- The Bears are cruising, but they can't relax, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- K-State is regrouping after its loss at Texas, report the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt.