Thursday, October 10, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Brandon Chatmon
Think twice before holding up a train folks, think twice.
- TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will miss the rest of the season and have surgery on his foot, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Kansas running back James Sims will be playing close to home during the Jayhawks game at TCU and will be hoping to spark his squad's running game, writes Rustin Dodd of the Wichita Eagle.
- One KU receiver has climbed his way back up the depth chart, writes Ben Ward of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Iowa State has focused on playing mistake-free football and it's paying off, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas State may have to lean on its "other" receivers with Tyler Lockett and Tramaine Thompson slowed by injury, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- West Virginia looks like a middle-tier team, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Collin Klein's little brother is looking to make the best of his opportunities at receiver, writes Joshua Tinder of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk is very appreciative of the offensive line , which has been the foundation of the Bears' explosive offense.
- Iowa State is looking to capture its fourth win over a ranked opponent in four seasons, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- The play of last season's Red River Rivalry, a 73-yard reception by Trey Millard, still stands out in the minds of Oklahoma players, writes The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.
- Mike Gundy says TCU is the most "challenging" team Oklahoma State has faced thus far, reports John Helsley and Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.