Monday, October 28, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Brandon Chatmon
Wanted: New owner, who doesn't do things like this when I'm on a leash.
- The easy part of Baylor's schedule is over. Now the toughest stretch of its slate begins with Oklahoma, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, Iowa State's remaining schedule brings some hope for the Cyclones, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas is trying to stay positive heading into this weekend's game against Texas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Kansas State's offense was more like the Wildcats had envisioned in KSU's 35-12 win over West Virginia, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- After taking plenty of heat, Blake Bell, Josh Heupel and Mike Stoops deserve plenty of credit after Oklahoma's win over Texas Tech, writes the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig.
- The Sooners put faith in Bell and he responded, writes The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel.
- The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell has a breakdown of Oklahoma State's upcoming schedule.
- Casey Pachall's stat line was deceiving against Texas, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Texas Tech showed some resolve in its loss to Oklahoma, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Dana Holgorsen is losing sleep over his offense, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette-Mail.