Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Jake Trotter
The Big 12 released its 2014 football schedule. Texas Tech will travel to Oklahoma State on Sept. 25 for the first conference game:
- Baylor QB Bryce Petty is ready for a challenge, according to the Dallas Morning News' Josh Friemel.
- Can Kansas State's blueprint for beating Baylor really work for Oklahoma? The Tulsa World's examines the question.
- The Kansas WR corps is showing promise lately, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ben Ward. The Jayhawks' play these final four games will define their season, coach Charlie Weis told the Kansas City Star's Rustin Dodd.
- The Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton weighs in on the five issues new Texas athletic director Steve Patterson faces. Here are 10 things to know about Patterson.
- Injured Iowa State linebacker Luke Knott is embracing his new role, writes the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch.
- Taking a shot on former Kansas cornerback Tyler Patmon has paid off for the Cowboys, writes The Oklahoman's John Helsley. The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel examines Oklahoma State's 1988 team. The Cowboys are honoring Barry Sanders' team Saturday.
- Could Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro become a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation's top WR? The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams answers the question.
- The Texas Tech offense is nothing Kansas State hasn't seen already, according to the Kansas City Star's Kellis Robinett.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is still not discussing bowl eligibility possibilities, reports the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman. The Mountaineers are ready for the resurgent Longhorns, writes the Charleston Daily-Mail's Mike Casazza.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson that he will tone it down on the sidelines.