Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Brandon Chatmon
A look at the big plays in the Big 12 in Week 12.
- "When you're replacing your starters with true freshman, you're not where you need to be," said West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen regarding where the Mountaineers are in year two in the Big 12. Mike Casazza has the story for the Charleston Daily Mail.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson plans to use the Horned Frogs' bye week to get his younger players extra work.
- Winning on the road is the next goal for Charlie Weis' Kansas Jayhawks squad after finally snapping their conference losing streak. Jesse Newell of the Topeka Capital-Journal has the story.
- Iowa State isn't looking to the junior colleges to find its quarterback of the future, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- If you don't like Kansas State coach Bill Snyder, well, then, that's unfortunate. Snyder's team slowed Baylor's offense mainly because they were assignment sound on defense.
- ISU coach Paul Rhoads was in a surprisingly good mood on Sunday, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has high praise for Baylor's Bryce Petty and Clint Chelf evaluates his own decision, reports The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- Oklahoma doesn't plan to name a starting quarterback this week, coach Bob Stoops sees no reason to tip his hand. The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey has the story.
- Art Briles has snapped several of ugly streaks during his time at Baylor. He hopes to do it again Saturday when BU travels to Stillwater, Okla., a place the Bears haven't won since 1939, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro is in the running for the Biletnikoff and Mackey Awards, a unique feat, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Here are five things Texas fans should know heading into the Longhorns' bye week.