Thursday, December 12, 2013
Big 12's lunch links
By Brandon Chatmon
In case you missed it on Wednesday, the Big 12 has released its all-conference honors.
- Kansas State defensive end Ryan Mueller feels like Bill Snyder's bowl record (6-9) doesn't represent the type of coach Synder is. Mueller hopes to improve that bowl record against Michigan in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- A strong performance at the end of the season helped boost Justin Gilbert into the Jim Thorpe award race, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Oklahoma's strong finish, which included road wins over Kansas State and Oklahoma State, played a key role in the Allstate Sugar Bowl's decision to pick the Sooners. The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey and Ryan Aber have that and more in this Sooners' notebook.
- "It would be pretty huge, a big moment in my life," says Cyril Richardson about the prospect of winning the Outland Trophy, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Quarterback Baker Mayfield has decided to transfer from Texas Tech, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- The uncertainty around Texas coach Mack Brown continues and he's scheduled to speak with the media during a Valero Alamo Bowl press conference today, reports Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- Brown's career at UT has been one of extremes, writes Kevin Sherrington of the Dallas Morning News.