Thursday, January 9, 2014
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Jake Trotter
Blake Griffin posterized another player Wednesday night. This time it was Kris Humphries.
- Texas coach Charlie Strong responded to the criticism levied by mega-booster Red McCombs.
- Good luck keeping up with where 4-star DT Zaycoven Henderson is going. He decommitted from Texas only to recommit after talking with Strong before then flipping to Texas A&M. Henderson originally committed to TCU in February before backing out in September. He's getting close to hitting every school in the old Southwest Conference.
- The Longhorns have now lost three 4-star DT recruits since Strong was hired. Texas currently has no interior defensive linemen committed in this class.
- Oklahoma picked up the 21st commitment in its recruiting class.
- Wyoming announced a future home-and-home with Texas Tech in 2020 and 2022, though the Red Raiders say the dates in those seasons are still being worked out.
- A Baylor fan had to wear a dress after losing a bet to a UCF student. The Daytona Beach News-Journal's Katie Kustura has the details.
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis did his part to say goodbye to the BCS, the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait writes.
- Florida high school football coach Damon Cogdell will be joining the West Virginia staff as a defensive assistant, the Sun-Sentinel's Ryan S. Clark reports. The Mountaineers also picked up a commitment from Cogdell's high school, Miramar -- the same high school that produced former West Virginia stars Stedman Bailey and Geno Smith.