Thursday, February 6, 2014
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Max Olson
It wouldn't be a good signing day without some overtime drama, right?
- The most interesting non-recruiting news Wednesday: Blake Bell is moving to tight end.
- Oklahoma capped a strong finish by flipping a 6-foot-8 lineman from Georgia.
- Bob Stoops finally confirmed that Baker Mayfield is a Sooner.
- Baylor coach Art Briles says he signed the best receiver class in the country.
- Oklahoma State could wait on one more post-signing day addition.
- The Cowboys inked touted teammates Devon Thomas and Gyasi Akem.
- Houston has continued to provide a needed pipeline for OSU coaches.
- TCU is revamping its offense with some key skill position signings.
- Iowa State hoping junior college transfers can jump-start its rebuild.
- During signing day, Iowa State completed its revamped coaching staff.
- Texas QB signee Jerrod Heard could push for early playing time.
- Charlie Strong won't back down to Texas A&M, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Kansas State's recruiting class might be its best in years.
- Kansas found a good balance of junior college transfers and high school signees in this class.
- Big fan of this news: Kansas signees will #PlayforDre to honor deceased commit.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen has high hopes for his new signing class.