Thursday, February 20, 2014
Big 12's lunch links
By Jake Trotter
Feb. 19, 2014, will forever be the day the world learned about Pasta-Gate.
- A judge ordered Baylor and two companies that are building Baylor’s new on-campus football stadium to preserve evidence, including possible video recordings, from an accident that claimed the life of a construction worker last month, the Waco Tribune-Herald's Tommy Witherspoon reports.
- Former USC QB may eventually transfer to Texas, but the process will take much longer than anyone initially thought, the Austin American-Statesman's Brian Davis reports.
- Iowa State officially announced the hiring of Maurice Linguist, who will coach the secondary.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is taking to the dry erase board in a new weekly series called "Coaches Chalk Talk" on the school's Web site.
- Kansas safety Anthony Smithson has an interesting nickname.
- Louisiana Tech will get roughly $800,000 to play Oklahoma next season, according to the Shreveport Times' Sean Isabella.