Friday, March 14, 2014
Big 12 lunchtime links
By Jake Trotter
My pick to win the Big 12 basketball tournament is looking pretty strong:
- Ex-Iowa State DT Rodney Coe tells the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch why he was booted off the team earlier this week.
- West Virginia linebacker K.J. Dillon has come back bigger and stronger, writes the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Stephen J. Nesbitt.
- Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury answered questions on a Reddit AMA (ask me anything). Red Raiders center Tony Morales is ready to go again after dealing with injuries throughout his career, writes the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- QB Trevor Knight has welcomed his new leadership role, according to the Tulsa World's Eric Bailey. Oklahoma's Blake Bell is not missing his blue, non-contact jersey.
- Safety Daytawion Lowe opened some eyes at Oklahoma State's pro day, reports The Oklahoman's Cody Stavenhagen. Receiver Josh Stewart improved his numbers from the combine. The Cowboys picked up an OL commitment.
- Former Kansas State star back Darren Sproles was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles for a fifth-round pick.
- Athlon gives its top Big 12 defensive backs of the BCS era.
- A former Fiesta Bowl chief executive was sentenced to eight months in federal prison after acknowledging that he participated in an illegal campaign contribution scheme.