Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Big 12 lunchtime links: Can a receiver win the Heisman?
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
For those of you grabbing a late lunch as I am, here are a few links to keep you company.
- Scott Wright of the Oklahoman wonders why Dez Bryant of Oklahoma State or Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree aren't considered as legitimate Heisman Trophy contenders.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman provides a 12-step recovery plan for Texas fans still distraught from the loss to Texas Tech.
- Kansas State coach Ron Prince has a plan on how to turn things around for the Wildcats heading into Saturday's game against Missouri, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Austin Meek. But he's just not saying what it is.
- Tom Shatel of the Omaha World-Herald wonders if a quarterback from Texas Tech can really win the Heisman.
- Omaha World-Herald Big 12 beat writer Lee Barfknecht analyzes the progress of Colorado coach Dan Hawkins and Kansas State coach Ron Prince in their third seasons.
- The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel touches on Bo Pelini's post-game muting of his team after the loss to Oklahoma, personal gag orders by Mack Brown and Art Briles about recent officiating and the end of Robert Griffin's interception streak in his outstanding weekly Big 12 notes column.