Big 12: Adren Dorsey
June, 2, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Big 12 spring meetings musings
- Missouri AD Mike Alden doesn't feel any animosity from the rest of the conference, reports Reid Laymance of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- DeLoss Dodds says listening to expansion talk is not disloyal, reports Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star in an exclusive.
- Dodds also had strong, proactive words regarding Texas' role in realignment.
- CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd says there's still few concrete reasons to believe the Big Ten will absolutely expand, and that's given commissioner Dan Beebe optimism.
- The judge in Mike Leach's case against Texas Tech says the university doesn't have sovereign immunity in regards to Leach's suit, but ruled in favor of Tech on 10 of 11 issues. Leach may only sue for breach of contract.
- Sources say Leach hasn't been paid for any of his work during the 2009 season, reports Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins says it's clear he's the victim in the blackmail case that's surfaced in the past week, but he can't discuss details of the case.
- And the Lawrence Journal World's Tom Keegan says he believes Turner Gill will coach his first game at Kansas under a new athletic director.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel has ranked each of the 96 Big 12 games, and Red River comes out on top.
- Texas' freshman class arrived on campus Tuesday.
- Texas A&M defensive lineman Adren Dorsey has transferred to Lamar, according to Christopher Dabe of the Beaumont Enterprise.
- Aggies coach Mike Sherman discusses a wide variety of topics in this Q&A with Fox Sports Southwest's Brian Smith.
April, 15, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Super Bowl champion and Husker alum Carl Nicks stopped by Nebraska's practice on Wednesday to make amends with Bo Pelini after Pelini banned him from Nebraska's pro day in 2007.
- Barry Switzer, Brian Bosworth, Joe Washington and Mark Clayton will be among the Sooners legends taking part in a flag football game before the spring game on Saturday.
- Kansas coach Turner Gill is impressing local high school coaches who have been given access to the Jayhawks' practices, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Nebraska's young defenders used excellent special-teams play last season as a lead-in to success on defense this spring, writes Brian Christopherson of the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Oklahoma 2011 commit Chris Barnett is having a few issues and withdrew from his current school, writes Brandon George of The Dallas Morning News.
- Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune looks at Cyclones center Reggie Stephens' road to the NFL.
- Texas Tech receiver Detron Lewis isn't happy with how his injured hamstring was handled last season.
- Oklahoma State is content with the progression of its defense, writes Brandon Chatmon of The Oklahoman.
- Colorado's assistants are back on the road recruiting, writes Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Russ Lande at The Sporting News breaks down former Texas star Sergio Kindle.
- Texas A&M defensive lineman Adren Dorsey was arrested on assault charges Tuesday morning after an incident with an ex-girlfriend.