Big 12: Andre Jones
February, 11, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Here are some stories for your lunchtime perusal from across the Big 12.
- More than 60,000 tickets have already been sold for the Nebraska's spring game on April 18, according to Daily Nebraskan reporter Ryan Boetel.
- Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio Express-News/Houston Chronicle catches up with 6-foot-6, 345-pound Kellen Heard, who won't be playing for Texas A&M this fall during his senior season. Instead, Heard says he plans to graduate this year and then follow his mother into a career as a train engineer.
- Matt Hayes of the Sporting News reports that one element of the feud between Texas Tech coach Mike Leach and athletic director Gerald Myers has been simmering for several years -- ever since Myers gave his close friend, former Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight, Leach's parking spot near the school's athletic department.
- Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman writes that by switching Texas' game against Texas Tech to Sept. 19, there won't be many late style points available for the Longhorns if they sustain an early-season loss.
- Keith Whitmire of the Dallas Morning News examines the 10 early commitments in Texas' 2010 recruiting class.
- Former Nebraska cornerback Andre Jones is being sought on allegations that he stole a 50-inch plasma screen television. The Lincoln Journal-Star reports that Jones originally was arrested in August, but the case was dismissed to pretrial diversion. But Lincoln prosecutors have reworked the case and have sought a warrant for Jones' arrest after the diversion didn't work out.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12