Big 12: Anthony Gatti
July, 22, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
And now, for your lunchtime dining pleasure, a few tasty morsels from across the Big 12.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel predicts that Oklahoma's defense can be great at every position this season.
- Veteran Kansas City Star reporter Mike DeArmond writes that those predicting Nebraska will win the Big 12 North are "abso-tooting-lutely nuts."
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy talked up the Cowboys during a two-day trip to the ESPN campus in Bristol, Conn., the Oklahoman's Scott Wright reports.
- Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman was blunt in his assessment of what his program needs to do to keep up with other national contending teams at his school, according to Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio Express-News/Houston Chronicle.
- Colorado quarterback Cody Hawkins is almost as confident as his father about his team's chances heading into the upcoming season, the Boulder Daily Camera's Kyle Ringo reports.
- Baylor coach Art Briles tells the Temple Daily Telegram's Craig Meister that Robert Griffin will be much improved by concentrating on football this spring rather than running track.
- Former Oklahoma quarterback Jamelle Holieway and a female companion were arrested on shoplifting charges at a large discount store in McAlester, Okla., the Tulsa World's John Hoover reports.
- The Topeka Capital-Journal's Rick Dean provides the definitive story about Bill Snyder's return to coaching at Kansas State.
- Lawrence Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan writes that incoming Kansas freshman running back Toben Opurum looks and sounds a lot like former Jayhawk standout Brandon McAnderson.
- Massive 6-foot-6, 285-pound offensive tackle Anthony Gatti from Parkway North High School in the St. Louis area has committed to Missouri over offers from Mississippi and Wisconsin, the Columbia Tribune's Dave Matter reports. Gatti is the Tigers' 10th commitment in the 2010 recruiting class.
- Lincoln Journal-Star staffers Steve Sipple and Brian Christopherson break down the storylines for next week's Big 12 media days.
- Former Georgia coach and Oklahoma assistant Jim Donnan talks to the Tulsa World's Dave Sittler about the unrealistic expectations of Oklahoma fans.