Big 12: Austin Sendlein
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
There's nothing like compiling these links to the accompaniment of some early afternoon major-league baseball games.
Wednesdays are starting to become one of my favorite days of the work week because of that.
Here are some of the stories people are talking about this afternoon from around the Big 12.
- Colorado fans are bitterly complaining about a new parking plan around Folsom Field which is removing some from favored tailgating spots of many seasons, the Boulder Daily Camera's Kyle Ringo reports.
- Des Moines Register columnist Sean Keeler predicts Iowa State will finish 5-7 this season with the Cyclones playing for a potential bowl appearance in their season finale.
- The Columbia Daily Tribune's Dave Matter examines the Hall of Fame prospects of several Missouri football legends, among other delectable tidbits, in his entertaining "Case of the Mondays on Tuesday" sports blog.
- The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that former Kansas State football player Leon Patton was arrested earlier this week in connection with a battery in Manhattan.
- The blog Burnt Orange Nation predicts that tight end-fullback Barrett Matthews could wind up as one of the most important incoming recruits for Texas because of his versatility.
- Incoming Nebraska linebacker Chris Williams' rehab from knee surgery is coming along well. His high school coach told the Omaha World-Herald's Rich Kaipust that he saw him two-stepping at a school dance recently.
- Pete Fiutak of College Football News previews the 2009 Kansas State season.
- The Oklahoman's Jake Trotter reports that Oklahoma picked up two commitments from Texas players in the recruiting class of 2010. Guard Adam Shead of Cedar Hill picked the Sooners over Texas Tech and wide receiver Sheldon McClain of Cibolo chose the Sooners over Utah, SMU and Texas A&M.
- The Austin American-Statesman's Suzanne Halliburton gets to the bottom of why former Texas player Austin Sendlein's 2004 Rose Bowl ring ended up on eBay.