Big 12: BIl Snyder
October, 31, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Best Halloween costume you've seen today?
- Bryce Miller of the Des Moines Register pens an ode to a man who will go down as one of the greatest Cyclones ever: Linebacker Jake Knott.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks deeper into WVU's efforts to fix its defense.
- Kansas State's defense could give Oklahoma State problems, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. He also says Bob Stoops has gotten out of his strict "no excuses" policy.
- Colleague Gene Wojciechowski offers a salute to Kansas State's Bill Snyder. Grantland writer Michael Weinreb does the same, as well.
- Texas coach Mack Brown has taken a hands-on approach to trying to fix the defense, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman. Is it time for him to go? A panel of Athlon writers weigh in.
- Tech legend Michael Crabtree will be back in town for some festivities this weekend vs. Texas. (No worries, Horns. He won't be playing.)
- Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett is in trouble with the law again. This time, it's driving on a suspended license.
- Mike Gundy knows the Cowboys need more out of cornerback/kick returner Justin Gilbert this season.
- KU's improving defense will get a tough test in Baylor's offense, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- TCU has struggled in the fourth quarter, but injuries are only making matters more difficult, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Texas Tech's Terrance Bullitt is playing through a painful shoulder injury to stay on the field, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star writes about Meshak Williams' growth into a complete player at defensive end for K-State. The Wildcats may be without linebacker Tre Walker the rest of the season, though.
- KU doesn't have the wins to prove it, but it's looking better at home, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Snow in West Virginia from Hurricane Sandy will affect TCU's travel plans this weekend to Morgantown.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks at West Virginia's pass-rush problems.
BACK TO TOP
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State