Big 12: BIl Snyder
October, 31, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Best Halloween costume you've seen today?
- Bryce Miller of the Des Moines Register pens an ode to a man who will go down as one of the greatest Cyclones ever: Linebacker Jake Knott.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks deeper into WVU's efforts to fix its defense.
- Kansas State's defense could give Oklahoma State problems, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. He also says Bob Stoops has gotten out of his strict "no excuses" policy.
- Colleague Gene Wojciechowski offers a salute to Kansas State's Bill Snyder. Grantland writer Michael Weinreb does the same, as well.
- Texas coach Mack Brown has taken a hands-on approach to trying to fix the defense, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman. Is it time for him to go? A panel of Athlon writers weigh in.
- Tech legend Michael Crabtree will be back in town for some festivities this weekend vs. Texas. (No worries, Horns. He won't be playing.)
- Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett is in trouble with the law again. This time, it's driving on a suspended license.
- Mike Gundy knows the Cowboys need more out of cornerback/kick returner Justin Gilbert this season.
- KU's improving defense will get a tough test in Baylor's offense, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- TCU has struggled in the fourth quarter, but injuries are only making matters more difficult, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Texas Tech's Terrance Bullitt is playing through a painful shoulder injury to stay on the field, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star writes about Meshak Williams' growth into a complete player at defensive end for K-State. The Wildcats may be without linebacker Tre Walker the rest of the season, though.
- KU doesn't have the wins to prove it, but it's looking better at home, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Snow in West Virginia from Hurricane Sandy will affect TCU's travel plans this weekend to Morgantown.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review looks at West Virginia's pass-rush problems.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State