Big 12: Braylon Heard
July, 27, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
To be clear, I'm a towering 5-foot-8. In the Big 12 that translates to a slightly undersized cornerback. That's not a quote from anything, just a fact.
- Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe says the odds on a legal fight over Nebraska's withdrawal fee are "zero," writes Lee Barfknecht of the Omaha World-Herald.
- Baylor linebacker Antonio Johnson guaranteed a win over Oklahoma and/or Texas this season, reports Jake Trotter of The Oklahoman.
- Nebraska's players showed up to media days with bracelets that read ":01" and "Finish."
- Colorado leaving the Big 12 in 2011 is inching closer toward reality from formality, reports Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Nebraska RB signee Braylon Heard likely won't be enrolled for camp this fall, reports Brian Christopherson of the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Todd Reesing's career is being made into a book for release very soon, according to Kansas' website.
- If asked, Nebraska AD Tom Osborne will speak at Big Ten media days.
- Nebraska receiver Niles Paul held a team meeting, apologized, collected a few hugs and moved on from his legal issues this offseason, writes Jon Nyatawa of the Omaha World-Herald.
- One of Oklahoma State's top safeties, Victor Johnson, was arrested and will be charged with possession of marijuana, reports Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World.
- Iowa State's Rashawn Parker and Alexander Robinson took part in a pancake-eating contest on Sunday night in Dallas, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12