Months of hype and speculation from the media preceded Wednesday's UFL Draft, but six players from the Big 12 heard their names called (or however they do it) by teams from the UFL, who just added the league's fifth team, the Omaha Nighthawks.
Some of the draftees just finished their eligibility. Others have bounced around NFL camps and other football endeavors since leaving campus. But now they've been drafted by the UFL, which kicks off its second season on Sept. 17.
The draft was 12 rounds and 60 total picks.
15. Las Vegas - Brian Coulter, DE, Missouri
16. Omaha - Adrian Jones, OT, Kansas
35. Omaha - DeMarcus Faggins, CB, Kansas State
36. Sacramento - Jon Banks, S, Iowa State
38. Las Vegas - Eddy Newton, WR, Baylor
46. Las Vegas - Lewis Baker, S, Oklahoma