Big 12: C.A. Vergari
January, 6, 2010
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
- The Southeastern Conference's recent domination of three-straight BCS championships could be stretched if favored Alabama beats Texas Thursday night, Tim Gayle of the Montgomery Advertiser reports.
- Sporting News’ Dave Curtis said that if Texas' offense is one-dimensional in favor of the passing attack against Alabama, it won’t necessarily hurt the team.
- The long break from the end of the regular season to Thursday’s Citi BCS title game could work in Texas’ favor, the New York Daily News’ Dick Weiss writes.
- Pete Fiutak of the College Football News is predicting a big game for Colt McCoy and a 23-19 upset victory for the Longhorns.
- Des Moines Register reader Chuck Davis wonders if the bowl system is too watered down after the Insight Bowl’s matchup between 6-6 teams Iowa State and Minnesota.
- Texas walk-on wide receiver and New York native C.A. Vergari has learned about the art of hunting doves with Colt McCoy, Lenn Robbins of the New York Post reports.
- Wide receiver prospect Kenny Bell spurned his hometown Colorado Buffaloes for a recruiting offer from Nebraska, the Boulder Daily Camera’s Joshua Lindenstein reports.
- Peter Bean of Burnt Orange Nation opines why Texas will upset Alabama.
- Officials arranging the banquet in Omaha next week to honor Outland Trophy winner Ndamukong Suh are expecting an overflow crowd, Rich Kaipust of the Omaha World-Herald reports.
- Ron Matejko of KTAR.com suggests that the Arizona Cardinals should consider hiring Mike Leach.
- Texas Tech has contacted Baylor to interview Art Briles about the Red Raiders’ vacant coaching position, the Waco Tribune-Herald’s John Werner reports. The biggest sticking point could be a $4 million buyout in Briles’ contract.
- Texas officials are telling the Austin American-Statesman’s Kirk Bohls they expect Mack Brown to continue coaching for three more years -- a timeframe that satisfies Will Muschamp.
BACK TO TOP