Big 12: Campbell Award
October, 1, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Eight Big 12 players, including Texas quarterback Colt McCoy and Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing, are among the semifinalists announced today for the William V. Campbell Award presented by the National Football Foundation.
The award was previously known as the Draddy Award and has been considered the "academic Heisman Trophy."
Big 12 nominees include:
- Baylor linebacker Joe Pawelek
- Colorado fullback Jake Behrens
- Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing
- Kansas State tight end Jeron Mastrud
- Missouri guard Kurtis Gregory
- Nebraska wide receiver Wes Cammack
- Oklahoma defensive end Auston English
- Texas quarterback Colt McCoy
The 15 finalists will be announced on Oct. 29 and will receive an $18,000 post-graduate scholarship. The winner of the Campbell Award will be announced at the National Football Foundation's annual awards dinner in New York City on Dec. 8.