Big 12: Dan Guerra
November, 16, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Do we really need another politician in Washington married to a pack animal?
- Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones got pranked yesterday. Coach Bob Stoops isn't ready to shill for his team as a title-game participant.
- Missouri and Arkansas may find a chance to finally bond in the SEC, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- Good isn't good enough anymore for Texas' defense. The Longhorns' D must be great now, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Missouri running back Henry Josey's knee injury is more like something that would be found in a car accident, and was so bad, the major surgery on Sunday couldn't even fix the torn ACL. That will come in three months, writes Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Brandon Weeden has changed the program at Oklahoma State, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Randy Covitz of the Kansas City Star says Kansas may have an advantage over Texas A&M on Saturday.
- Iowa State is prepping to face the league's best QBs in consecutive weeks, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas State is attracting attention from some big-name bowl games, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Texas Tech walk-on OL Dan Guerra wasn't even all-district, and came to Tech so he could learn and become an OL coach. Now, he's enjoying the ride into Tech's two-deep, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Big 12 fans: Prepare to hear the names Casey Pachall and Josh Boyce very soon.
- Want to make Sooners players and coaches bristle? Mention the Texas Tech game, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- If you love sabermetrics, you'll love that in one particular ranking, only LSU's defense is ahead of Oklahoma State, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione will replace Dan Beebe on the Division I Men's Basketball committee.