Big 12: Fred Glass
December, 6, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Is your head spinning from the moves on the coaching carousel this weekend? No worries, here's a chance to catch up on what you've missed over the weekend.
- Hired Jon Embree as head coach.
- Hired Eric Bieniemy as offensive coordinator.
- Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson was scheduled to interview with Vanderbilt on Sunday, according to ESPN's Bruce Feldman.
- Sources told ESPN's Pat Forde that Oklahoma offensive coordintor Kevin Wilson met with Indiana athletic director Fred Glass, presumably about the vacant head coaching job, and I had a chance to talk to Wilson about it after Saturday's Big 12 Championship game. He stopped well short of denying he'd had any contact, but he had no plans to detail it, either. "We'll see. I don't know. It's the time of the year where you're getting through the last game," he said when asked if he'd interviewed or had plans to interview with the Hoosiers. I asked if he'd had any contact with Indiana: "We'll just kind of see the way it goes,” he said.
- I expect Wilson to leave if he's formally offered the job, and if so, look for quarterbacks coach Josh Heupel or receivers coach Jay Norvell to take over offensive coordinator duties.
- Offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen's name has come up in a few different spots, but none look legitimate just yet. The guess here is he's in Stillwater in 2011. Keeping him around needs to be priority No. 1 for Oklahoma State when it comes to staff moves, and coach Mike Gundy has expressed as much previously.
- Special teams coordinator Joe DeForest, a Louisiana-Lafayette alum, interviewed for the vacant head coaching job at Louisiana-Lafayette, according to The Oklahoman.
- Receivers coach Gunter Brewer may also be a candidate for the Ragin' Cajuns' job.
- Offensive coordinator Greg Davis has resigned.
- Offensive line coach Mac McWhorter and defensive line coach Mike Tolleson are also leaving the program.
- Look for former UT quarterback Major Applewhite to get serious consideration as Davis' replacement, but coach Mack Brown says an announcement on replacements won't be coming until after the bowls.