Big 12: Gilbert Brown
June, 4, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Ain't nothin' soft about that softball.
- Andy Staples of SI.com writes about the Big 12's realignment resurgence, which now includes the welcome signs of logo discussion.
- Is Texas officially preparing for the Tyrone Swoopes Era after David Ash leaves? Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman says it looks that way.
- Oklahoma offensive lineman Austin Woods is cancer free and threw out the first pitch at the Women's College World Series last night.
- Missed this last week, but eyebrow-raising story out of Lubbock here. Texas Tech's previous staff promised to keep defensive lineman J.J. Lollar on scholarship despite an eye condition. The new staff pulled his scholarship after moving him to offensive line. Now, he's transferring to Lamar.
- Bob Stoops talks about balancing his duties as a husband, father and coach in a central Oklahoma parenting magazine. Oklahoma's coach and some of his players helped unload some tornado relief supplies from all the way at Stoops' alma mater, Iowa, on Monday.
- Scott Grayson of WV Illustrated caught up with Mountaineer quarterback Clint Trickett, who is settling in around Morgantown.
- Can Iowa State get back to a bowl game? The Des Moines Register discusses the possibility.
- Gilbert Brown's son, who played high school ball in Lawrence, will be walking on with Kansas. Very cool.
- Really interesting move from the Pac-12. We'll see if other leagues follow suit.
- Oklahoma State missed out on a top quarterback prospect on Monday. Texas A&M got a commitment from him.
- Interesting look here at the changing world of sports media relations.
- Two Texas receivers are officially suspended for the Longhorns' season opener after offseason issues with the law.
- Former Texas Tech safety Cody Davis blogs about the transition from Lubbock to St. Louis.