Big 12: Giovanni Vizza
January, 19, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Who says it's the offseason? There's always news aplenty in the Big 12.
- Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell is looking forward at this week's Senior Bowl of showing that he can stand apart from frequent comparisons with Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy, the Mobile Register's Tommy Hicks writes.
- Former Colorado assistant coach Jeff Grimes told the Boulder Camera's Kyle Ringo that he "cried like a baby" when he told Colorado coach Dan Hawkins and his former players that he was leaving the Buffaloes for a position on Gene Chizik's staff at Auburn.
- Dan McCarney of the San Antonio Express-News reports that former North Texas quarterback Giovanni Vizza is enrolling at Texas A&M with hopes of playing for the Aggies in 2010. Vizza set an NCAA freshman record with eight touchdown passes in a game against Navy in 2007.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch provides an extensive look ahead at the Big 12 season for 2009.
- The Tulsa World's Dave Sittler compares the attitudes of Bob Stoops and Pete Carroll when losing top players early to the NFL.
- Five Oklahoma recruits have decided to graduate early from high school to start their college careers next month as incoming freshmen, Tulsa World beat writer John Hoover reports.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12