Big 12: Joey Madsen
October, 4, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Dana's back in Texas.
- Kevin Robbins of the Austin American-Statesman tells the story of a Longhorn who had football taken away from him and there was nothing he could do about it.
- Oklahoma State offensive coordinator/ quote machine Todd Monken, says "stats are for losers." Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman has more.
- The Big 12's apology (or non-apology) will ultimately help Oklahoma State, says Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. Still, the damage has been done, writes The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel weighs in on the apology and notes that Geno Smith could be playing for Alabama.
- Nick Saban was no fan of the Baylor-West Virginia game, I'm assuming. "Is this what we want football to be?" he says.
- Texas Tech QB Seth Doege is learning to put the bad plays behind him.
- Want to watch Baylor's stadium as its built? Today is your lucky day.
- Iowa State's Texas natives are ready for their first trip home of the 2012 season, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Baylor defensive coordinator Phil Bennett is trying to figure out what went wrong, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Get to know Texas Tech defensive coordinator Art Kaufman a little better.
- After giving up bushels of points, confidence is an issue for defenses in the Big 12, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Kansas is hoping to imitate Kansas State.
- How does Oklahoma State's offense compare to the rest of the Big 12?
- Leave it to Bill Snyder to turn a former quarterback into a stalwart at linebacker for the Wildcats, writes Joshua Kinder of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman has more on Oklahoma lineman Austin Woods' battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Center Joey Madsen's getting plenty of attention from the coaching staff, and he's OK with it, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.