Big 12: Jon Watts
March, 12, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
I know it's March Madness. But spring practice is continuing across the Big 12 with plenty of interesting stories. Here are some of today's most notable:
- The Oklahoman's Jake Trotter reports that Corey Wilson has been moved out of OU Medical Center and into a rehabilitation facility. Wilson suffered a serious spinal cord injury in an automobile accident two weeks ago.
- Colorado could be scrambling for an opponent after Miami (Ohio) appears to have two opponents scheduled on Sept. 12 -- the Buffaloes and Northwestern, the Boulder Daily Camera's Kyle Ringo reports.
- Jared Crick could be poised to assume a starting defensive tackle position when Nebraska begins practice on March 25, according to Brian Christopherson of the Lincoln Journal-Star.
- Columbia Daily Tribune beat writer Dave Matter analyzes what the promotion of new coordinator Dave Steckel will mean for Missouri's defense.
- Kansas added a late commitment at a huge position of need with the addition of linebacker Jon Watts of Oroville Butte (Calif.) Community College, according to the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Former Oklahoma State tight end Brandon Pettigrew frustrated a group of scouts from 19 NFL teams Wednesday when he failed to run at Oklahoma State's Pro Day. Pettigrew told Tulsa World reporter John Hoover he was sidelined with a grade one strain of his right hamstring.
- Former Nebraska quarterback Joe Ganz hopes to use the slight of not being invited to the recent NFL combine as motivation during the Cornhuskers' Pro Day on Thursday, the Omaha World-Herald's Mitch Sherman reports.
BACK TO TOP