Big 12: Josh Cribbs
November, 19, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Here's this week's collection of tidbits and obscure stats, courtesy of ESPN Stats & Information and various sports information departments across the Big 12. Thanks again to all of you.
- Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez is the nation's leader in passing efficiency away from home. He has a rating of 204.9 on the road compared to 119.0 at home. He's thrown seven touchdowns to no interceptions on the road versus two touchdowns and four interceptions in home games.
- In road games, he's completing 72.2 percent of third-down passes, versus 48.6 percent at home.
- When Nebraska has thrown to receiver Niles Paul on third down, it's resulted in a completion on 81.3 percent of attempts, versus 48.1 percent for the rest of the team.
- Nebraska has won eight consecutive road games.
- Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon has at least 100 yards and a touchdown in nine consecutive games this year. The national record is 11, set by Aaron Turner of Pacific in 1991.
- Martinez needs just 43 rushing yards to become the third quarterback all-time to rush for 1,000 yards and throw for 1,000 more as a freshman. Missouri's Brad Smith and Kent State's Josh Cribbs are the only two others to accomplish the feat.
- Nebraska has played in College Station just three times prior to Saturday.
- Landry Jones has never played against Baylor. Oklahoma's 33-7 win in Norman was the only game last year Sam Bradford started and finished.
- Oklahoma opponents average 2.65 yards a punt return, which ranks No. 2 nationally.
- Texas A&M running back Cyrus Gray is the first Texas A&M running back to top 100 yard in four consecutive games since 1993. No Aggies back has done it five consecutive games since Darren Lewis in 1990.
- The last time Texas A&M didn't throw a touchdown pass was a 2008 loss to Arkansas State, a streak of 34 games.
- With a win over Iowa State, Missouri could earn the program's third nine-win season in four years, but it would be just the sixth in the history of the program.
- A win would also make the 2010 senior class the all-time leaders in wins for any class ever at Missouri, with 39.
- Baylor is 5-70 all-time against South opponents, but swept its North slate this year with a 3-0 record to improve to 13-32 against the division.
- The Bears have come within single digits of Oklahoma just three times in 19 games.
- Last season was the first six-win conference season ever for Oklahoma State. A win over Kansas on Saturday would be the second.
- With 121 yards last week, receiver Paul Richardson became the first freshman in Colorado history with two 100-yard games.
- Kansas State's season closes with three road games, the second of which is Saturday in the conference season finale against Colorado.
- Texas receiver Mike Davis set a school record for freshmen with 43 catches after last week's game.
- Texas Tech and Weber State have never met.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12