Big 12: Keanon Cooper
December, 26, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, but it's Boxing Day celebration time.
- Great story here from Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on TCU cornerback Jason Verrett's unlikely rise from wanting to transfer to becoming the Big 12's best corner. He also writes about the final days of TCU offensive line stalwart Blaize Foltz.
- Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman has 10 plays that defined Texas' season.
- Baylor RB Lache Seastrunk was asked again about his Heisman proclamation. He's not backing off, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- What was it like for KU QB Dayne Crist to watch Notre Dame's dream season from Lawrence, Kansas? Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com tells you.
- Injuries kept former Oklahoma State star Andrew McGee from living his NFL dreams, but he's an assistant coach in a bowl game just two years later, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail. He also reports center Joe Madsen will miss the bowl game because of academics. He's only missed one other game in his career, also because of academics.
- KU is bringing in a lot of junior college players, but infrastructure is in place to make sure academics don't become an issue, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- If K-State's going to beat Oregon, the running game will have to be in great shape, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- David Barron of the San Antonio Express-News looks deeper at the object of Texas Tech fans' affection: new coach Kliff Kingsbury.
- Can Oklahoma State's offense keep the same pace in its bowl? Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman says expect it to slow down a bit.
- Dave Poe of the Parkersburg News and Sentinel tries to sort out: Is West Virginia's athletic glass half full or half empty?
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle tells you about the unique features of the Fiesta Bowl's stadium.
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald looks at the strong beard tradition of the Holiday Bowl. He also tells you about Baylor CB Joe Williams' ability to succeed because of a short memory.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register writes about the crazy week ahead of Iowa State, who'll have to balance fun and focus at the Liberty Bowl.
- Want to be a head coach? Become Oklahoma's offensive coordinator, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Can Jake Heaps revolutionize the QB position at KU? Charlie Weis isn't anointing him, but Heaps has been determined, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Minnesota linebacker Keanon Cooper was originally headed to Texas Tech. Now, he'll get to face the Red Raiders, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
BACK TO TOP