Big 12: Klint Kubiak
May, 18, 2010
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Monday was a bad day to be a Northwestern baseball fan. I hope the four of you are well on your way to recovery this week. Surprisingly big set of links today, so dig in, there's some good stuff in here.
- Politicians could have a big say in how the conferences realign, just like last time, writes Dave Sittler of the Tulsa World.
- Steven M. Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star ponders a different kind of expansion: Memorial Stadium expansion.
- Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville is scheduled to leave on Friday for a tour of U.S. military bases overseas with a handful of other coaches.
- ESPN SportsNation wants you to rank college football's best defenders. So, of course, you have to... or else.
- The Colorado athletic department kicked off its tour of the state, and Neill Woelk of the Boulder Daily Camera takes you inside.
- In Hawkins' stop in Erie, Colo., he told fans the Buffaloes are agonizingly close to the national stage, reports the Denver Post's Adrian Dater.
- The difference between Oklahoma Heisman-winning quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Jason White? Health, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- Klint Kubiak, the son of Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak, has joined Mike Sherman's staff at Texas A&M as a quality control coach, reports Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Kansas State's Brandon Banks and Jeffrey Fitzgerald have signed free-agent contracts.