Big 12: Lynn Finney
July, 20, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Back from vacation with some Big 12 links for your lunchtime edification.
- Mike Leach advises Missouri to watch out for the clacking thundersticks at Nevada's Mackay Stadium before the Tigers' Sept. 25 visit, the Reno Gazette-Journal's Scott Oxarart reports.
- The Columbia Tribune's Dave Matter analyzes some of the new Missouri freshmen reporting to the program and other roster changes.
- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is excited about his new stadium, Richard Sandomir of the New York Times reports. The facility will host four Big 12 games this year.
- Barry Switzer tells the Omaha World-Herald's John Keenan what Nebraska will need to do to return to Big 12 prominence.
- Confidence is soaring among Oklahoma State coaches as they approach the 2009 season, the Tulsa World's Bill Haisten reports.
- Freshman Colorado players Nick Kasa and Parker Orms received a rude introduction to campus life, according to the Boulder Camera's Kyle Ringo.
- CBS Sports.com's Dennis Dodd ranks Baylor No. 98 in his listing of programs over this decade.
- The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel ranks the decade's top plays among Oklahoma schools.
- Lawrence Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan ranks Todd Reesing No. 1 among the biggest star athletes at Kansas.
- The Lincoln Journal-Star's Colleen Kenney has the sad story of former Nebraska player Lynn Finney.