Big 12: Mark Womack
February, 24, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
I'm thinkin' of something orange. Something orange. Give up? It's an orange.
- The BCS will eventually move to something resembling a playoff because it has to, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman. He also checks in from Texas' camp, where Mack Brown is employing some schoolhouse techniques to toughen up his team.
- Texas is sticking with two quarterbacks this spring and won't have a depth chart until August, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Who should the Big 12 hire as its new commissioner? How about Mark Womack, the executive associate commissioner of the SEC?
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman imagines a college football world in which college football programs scheduled with guts.
- Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram breaks down three big position battles at TCU's spring camp.
- Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden and Baylor's Robert Griffin III will both be featured on the ESPN pre-draft special, "QB Camp" with Jon Gruden.
- The Rams are reportedly shopping the No. 2 pick. Colleague John Clayton tells you what that means for RG3.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World catches up with Jayhawks linebacker Steven Johnson before his time at the NFL combine.
- Geoff Coyle of WV Illustrated does the same with Mountaineers linebacker Najee Goode.
- Texas plans to install a statue of Ricky Williams next to the statue of Earl Campbell. It will be 8 feet tall and weigh 1,000 pounds. Just like Ricky Williams.
- The Longhorns' best option at tight end, M.J. McFarland, is looking to make a name for himself, writes the Statesman's Mark Rosner.
- How'd the first year of beer sales at West Virginia's stadium go? AD Oliver Luck is preparing to fill in the school's Board of Governors.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12