Big 12: Oklahoma
Reginald Davis and Dominique Wheeler have been the stars of the Red Raider passing game this spring, reports the Avalanche-Journal's Nick Kosmider.
Oklahoma State is trying to turn around the attitude, image and results of its defense, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
Oklahoma quarterback candidate Trevor Knight grew up surrounded by burnt orange but now bleeds crimson, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
Three unexpected players saw their stock rise with solid spring performances, according to ESPN's HornsNation.
SoonerNation's Brandon Chatmon reports that early enrollees Ahmad Thomas and Dannon Cavil have started to make a name for themselves.
Iowa State football coaches made 962 impermissible recruiting calls over a three-year period, according to a report released to the Iowa State Daily.
West Virginia not only needs to find a quarterback, it has to build depth at receiver as well, writes Amir Batra of The Daily Athenaeum.
- Texas offensive coordinator Major Applewhite is using his past transgression as a teaching tool, according to Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- West Virginia is rebuilding and has plenty of players from which to choose, writes Greg Madia of The Daily Anthenaeum.
- It’s a boom or bust season for TCU quarterback Casey Pachall and his coach is the first to admit that, writes J.D. Moore on TCU360.com.
- Oklahoma is not going wishbone, but it is interested in having a quarterback who can be a threat to run the ball, writes SoonerNation’s Jake Trotter. Also from SoonerNation, Brandon Chatmon takes a look OU’s effort to become a more aggressive defense.
- Surely the anticipation has been killing everyone and finally the wait is over, Charlie Weis and Kansas have released their spring depth chart and the Kansas City Star has it.
- Oklahoma State’s new offensive coordinator, Mike Yurich, will put his own spin on things but expects the Cowboys still to be very prolific on that side of the ball, writes the Tulsa World’s Jimmie Trammel.
- Baylor’s offensive line will be anchored by a pair of fifth-year seniors, writes the Waco Tribune’s John Werner.
- Is Texas back to being a national championship contender? Rachel Thompson of The Daily Texan weighs in with her opinion.
Oklahoma’s new hire might be fitting in fine with the Sooners but his departure from Wisconsin at least one in the dairy land pretty upset, writes Adam Rittenberg.
From the stop if you have heard this line before department: Kansas believes it is ready to climb out of the rather deep and large hole that it finds itself in, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star
Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star takes a look at how a three seniors at Kansas State weathered a coaching change -- two other players from their recruiting class had already transferred -- and are now reaping the rewards.
Mack Brown worked the crowd following spring practice Saturday, trading barbs and offering up center stage to Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
Just a few years removed from his playing days, former West Virginia player Wesley Lyons decided he had enough perspective to pen an autobiography, writes Megan Calderado of The Daily Athenaeum.
Damon Sayles of ESPN takes a look at highly touted recruit Treyvon Hughes and how Texas is recruiting him as a linebacker not a running back.
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Here are the choices for my All-Big 12 team for the 2008 season.
QB - Colt McCoy, Texas
RB - Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State
RB - DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
WR - Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
WR - Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
TE - Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
OL - Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
OL - Jason Smith, Baylor
OL - Rylan Reed, Texas Tech
OL - Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
C - Jon Cooper, Oklahoma
DL - Brian Orkapo, Texas
DL - Brandon Williams, Texas Tech
DL - Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
DL - Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma
LB - Joe Pawelek, Baylor
LB - Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
LB - Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
DB - Darcel McBath, Texas Tech
DB - Darrell Stuckey, Kansas
DB - Lendy Holmes, Oklahoma
DB - Daniel Charbonnet, Texas Tech
AP - Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
KR - Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State
PR - Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
K- Jeff Wolfert, Missouri
P- Justin Brantley, Texas A&M