Big 12: Paul Ryan
October, 18, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
You just bought Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's bones, and he's not even dead!
- Texas' defensive issues are nearly impossible to deny anymore, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby sits down for a Q&A on the league's new TV deal and Texas' failures with John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- Want to fire Mack Brown? Don't forget the risks, writes Stewart Mandel of SI.com.
- Mike Gundy looks back on last year's loss to Iowa State with John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- The time is now for Reggie Wilson to step up at Texas, writes Austin Laymance of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- It's been a rocky road, but TCU has handled the early-season drama and injuries to a 5-1 start.
- Championship talk is heating up, but Kansas State seems to be on the outside looking in, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- The kick Quinn Sharp missed against ISU? A distant memory now, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- K-State is using an old-school scheme to win new-school games, writes Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Losing the turnover battle has been key in two Baylor losses, writes Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- The Texas Tech loss stung badly for Geno Smith, writes Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian.
- Get to know more about Oklahoma State's uniforms.
- Iowa State's website takes a closer look at defensive end David Irving's big impact and bigger play.
- Vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan confused Colt McCoy with Brandon Weeden at Browns' practice this week.
- Kansas' defense is getting a little bit better this year, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
August, 30, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Good grief, Missouri. These guys ought to be ex-communicated from the fan base.
- If you want to see all of the new Big 12 commercials that will run during the season, you can find them all here.
- Oklahoma State receiver Tracy Moore had his third run-in with the law in six months.
- Baylor's looking to start 2012 in the right way, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. The paper's paywall has officially come down, so you'll be seeing them here a lot more often.
- Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan told a pretty humorous Oklahoma football story.
- Texas Tech receiver Darrin Moore's status is still in doubt after his offseason DWI arrest, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- There's an intriguing position battle at linebacker in Manhattan. The last two near disasters on opening day provide plenty of motivation for the Wildcats, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Baylor's moving on to life after Robert Griffin III. How will it go? David Jones of USA Today has a guess.
- Whoever has the hot hand will keep the carries in Oklahoma's offense this weekend, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. The Sooners may be without another starter at defensive tackle, too.
- Tavon Austin knows Marshall should have beaten West Virginia for the first time in 2010.
- What does history tell us about how Oklahoma State's passes will be distributed? And how did the Cowboys convince a Floridian to come all the way to Stillwater?
- TCU coach Gary Patterson is a little miffed after videos of his defensive strategies surfaced online, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Even the state of Oklahoma couldn't escape the offseason of scandal in 2012.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro is a different, more focused player after getting into trouble this spring, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Dayne Crist gets all the attention, but he's not the only playmaker on Kansas' offense, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Get to know Baylor a little better with John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- K-State's offensive line is an odd mix of veterans and newcomers, writes Corbin McGuire of the Topeka Capital-Journal.