Big 12: Phil DeStefano
September, 3, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Try as best you can, but nobody ices the Big 12 blog. Not bros, not Paul Rhoads, not anybody.
- Oklahoma linebacker Tom Wort hails from England, but American football brought him to Oklahoma, writes Jeff Latzke of the Associated Press.
- Kansas running back Angus Quigley's career--or life--haven't gone according to plan. But it's all led up to this year as he starts the season as the Jayhawks' unlikely starter at running back, writes Tully Corcoran of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Winning will be the best way Turner Gill can validate his feel-good coaching style, writes Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Mike Gundy made the call to hire Dana Holgorsen, and it's given Oklahoma State a head coach and added years to Gundy's life, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Kansas State won't be getting out of its 2011 matchup with Miami, reports Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Colorado chancellor Phil DeStefano thinks the Buffaloes need to go to a "good bowl game" for their current coach to keep his job, reports Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Eligibility issues will keep Texas freshman linebacker Tevin Jackson off the field this season.
- Iowa State's defense was a welcome surprise in Thursday night's 27-10 win over Northern Illinois, writes Sean Keeler of the Des Moines Register.
- Missouri receiver L'Damian Washington fought through the loss of both of his parents to become a college football player, writes Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Three Texas players have asked to redshirt this year, but will suit up on Saturday. UT staffers will literally hide their helmets on the sidelines so coaches won't send them in the game, reports Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Texas A&M linebacker Garrick Williams, is making the most of a move to inside linebacker from the outside, writes Robert Cessna of the Bryan-College Station Eagle.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12