Big 12: Rex Ryan
January, 22, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
I want to play Golden Tee with Andy Dwyer for 10 hours.
- The Big 12 should add Florida State, Clemson, Pittsburgh and Virginia, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan in Lubbock for Texas Tech's official recruiting visit? Say what? Mike Graham of the Dallas Morning News explains.
- Texas players showed off the Alamo Bowl trophy at a basketball game this weekend, but quarterback David Ash knows the bar is high next season.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman says Oklahoma's offense needs to do one thing: Get Trey Millard the ball more often.
- Baylor landed a juco lineman that was an All-American last season.
- Kansas' coaching staff is shifting a little bit after TCU swiped the team's linebackers' coach. Jayhawks linebacker Ben Heeney was cited for misdemeanor battery over the weekend, though.
- Oklahoma State missed out on Laquon Treadwell, but it was still a busy recruiting weekend in Stillwater. The Pokes grabbed a commitment from a running back after losing Joseph Randle.
- Kansas quarterback Turner Baty is leaving after not playing a snap this season, and the Jayhawks' recruiting wish list lost a couple members.
- Texas landed the nation's top juco offensive tackle, reports Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Could West Virginia's Geno Smith be Chip Kelly's new quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles?
- Iowa State added a defensive back from California to its recruiting class.
- Get caught up on what you missed in Iowa State football over the past week or so with Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Is Brandon Weeden's future in Cleveland in jeopardy? Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman looks at the possibility.
- Dayne Crist's draft stock is up, and he talked with Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World about that development.