Big 12: Russel Erxleben
January, 25, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Things magazine says it's the next big thing!
- The district attorney confirmed the news on Thursday: Texas players Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks won't face charges on sexual assault allegations. The case is closed.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman weighs in on the Tony Jefferson controversy in Oklahoma. Jefferson went on the radio to discuss the allegations, too. Tramel is noticing a trend on Oklahoma State's coaching staff.
- Oklahoma State snagged a defensive end from Texas for its recruiting class. The Pokes also hired former Missouri receiver Jason Ray to coach the Cowboys' receivers. He spent the last few seasons under former Mizzou OC Dave Christensen at Wyoming.
- Former Texas kicker Russell Erxleben has been charged with fraud on allegations he was running a Ponzi scheme.
- It looks like Baylor has found its new kicker on the recruiting trail, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Mike Cassazza of the Charleston Daily Mail tackles some FAQs about Tier 3 rights.
- Suspended Oklahoma receiver Jaz Reynolds talked with Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman about his season-long suspension, which may still not be over. Kersey also reports Oklahoma co-OC Jay Norvell turned down a position with the Bears.
- How high in the draft could Geno Smith end up going?
- Two Big 12 players are making some major noise at the Senior Bowl.