Big 12: Tony Randolph
August, 19, 2011
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Well, this is about the greatest thing ever. The NBA: Where the best and worst logos of all time happen.
- The Longhorn Network plans to air high school highlights on the network, even though the NCAA has made airing games illegal. The Aggies? Well, they are not happy.
- Want more money and stability, Aggies? Man up and start your own network like Texas did, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman. Lots of good points here, but I think a good portion of A&M fans believe the Longhorn Network will fail. I also believe that portion is incorrect.
- Texas Tech president Guy Bailey is calling for written, enforceable contracts that secure the future of the Big 12, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- A Friday night scrimmage may create some separation for the Texas quarterbacks, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- The Longhorn Network is hinting that it's close to getting deals with cable providers, however.
- John Helsey of The Oklahoman looks into the creation of the league's top offensive line at Oklahoma State.
- Former blue-chip running back prospect Chris Whaley is up to 280 pounds and now working at defensive tackle.
- Oklahoma defensive end Ronnell Lewis is not practicing, and his eligibility may be in question.
- Mighty Mouse is hoping for a big finish at Kansas.
- Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman introduces you to the man on the spot for Oklahoma: linebacker Corey Nelson. Oklahoma safety Tony Jefferson compares him to Von Miller.
- Kendial Lawrence is pulling away in the running back derby at Missouri.
- Vinnie Duber of the Columbia Missourian gives a look at the intense eating habits of Missouri linebacker Tony Randolph.
- Paul Myerberg at Pre-Snap Read previews Oklahoma State.
- A possible move by Texas A&M doesn't affect TCU at all, writes Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The preseason optimism is natural, but don't get too excited about Kansas in 2011, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
BACK TO TOP
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State