Big 12: Vince Gibson
January, 11, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Congratulations to Kirk Bohls and Berry Tramel, who were both honored by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association as the sportswriters of the year in Texas and Oklahoma, respectively.
- The championship recipe for Texas? Look at Alabama to find it, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Want to go to a TCU game? It'll cost you more this year, but the prices are still the cheapest in the Big 12, reports Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman weighs in on how OSU would matchup against LSU. He also pleads for change and points out the not so obvious: College football's biggest problem is its regular season.
- There are still 50 or 60 plans on the table, but a four-team playoff could be coming. Jim Delany's not standing in the way of this one.
- Change could be brought about from "SEC fatigue," writes George Schroeder of SI.com.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is targeting an assistant at his old stomping ground at Oklahoma State, Joe DeForest.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World weighs in on why Kansas' defensive coordinator search is taking so long. The Jayhawks did just swipe the DC from North Texas, though.
- Texas' former offensive line coach may be headed to Penn State.
- Columbia, Missouri, is looking to enhance its downtown culture during gameday as it joins the SEC, reports Benjamin Nadler of the Columbia Missourian.
- Former Kansas State coach Vince Gibson died late on Monday.
- Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill reportedly injured his foot and will miss the Senior Bowl.
- Picking the next Big 12 champ? It's anyone's guess, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.