Big East lunchtime links
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
Not a lot of football chatter in the Big East media this morning. That's what happens when your league has three No. 1 seeds in the Big Dance. But here are a few odds and ends and leftovers:
• Former Miami quarterback Robert Marve has South Florida among his final six choices as he looks to transfer, Brett McMurphy blogs in the Tampa Tribune.
• Julian Hayes hasn't done much in his Rutgers career thus far. But the fourth-year junior is listed as a starting wide receiver to start spring ball and is hoping to make an impact, Tom Luicci writes in The Star-Ledger.
• Very nice read on incoming Big East commissioner John Marinatto last week by the New York Times' Pete Thamel.
• Doug Marrone hired a former Orange player as director of player development, Donnie Webb notes in the Syracuse Post-Standard.
• The Hartford Courant's Desmond Conner has some football tidbits in his blog, including the Big East's interest in adding Champs, Liberty, Music City and/or EagleBank bowls to its postseason lineup.